The considered deleting Twitter and absconding into the woods continues to develop in enchantment with each passing day. Yet even considering the sustained psychic damage this wretched hellsite continues to inflict upon us, it’s troublesome to merely let go and wipe away years of memes and scorching takes. You labored onerous on these jokes, after all.
Fortunately, leaving Twitter doesn’t indicate you may need to delete all your tweets for good. Twitter permits you to download an archive of your info, which means you presumably can maintain a file of all your outdated posts for your private private pleasure and amusement even after you allow.
It’s official: Elon Musk buys Twitter
Here’s how to download your tweet archive:
1. Open Twitter.
2. If you might be on desktop, click on on on “More…” throughout the navigation bar on the left to reveal additional decisions.
If you might be on cell, open the navigation bar by tapping on your profile picture throughout the prime left nook.
3. Click or faucet on “Settings and privacy” throughout the navigation bar.
4. Click or faucet on “Your account.”
5. Click or faucet on “Download an archive of your data.”
6. Twitter will ask you to verify your password. Enter it and click on on or faucet “Next.”
7. Twitter will then ask whether or not or not it ought to ship a verification code to your email correspondence deal with or phone amount.
Select whichever one you prefer. Once you’ve got acquired acquired the verification code by means of your chosen methodology, enter it and click on on or faucet “Next.”
8. Click or faucet “Request archive.”
9. Wait to acquire a notification for when the ZIP file of your Twitter archive is ready for download.
It can take up to 24 hours for the file to be ready, at which degree you will acquire each a push notification on the cell app or an email correspondence to your associated account. Of course, downloading your archive of Twitter info won’t delete your account — you’ll have to do that separately. But it’d make the selection to obtain this actually really feel a bit easier.