- Safe Mode begins your Windows laptop with most options disabled.
- Boot in Safe Mode once you’re troubleshooting a problem, or if Windows will not start usually.
- To exit Safe Mode, go into the “Boot options” menu, or simply restart your laptop.
Nearly each model of Windows has a Safe Mode feature. This helps you to start your laptop with simply the essential information and drivers it wants to run. Most further options will likely be disabled, and applications will run extra slowly. By default, you will not even have web entry.
Safe Mode is not meant to be used day by day. You’ll use Safe Mode when your laptop is not working accurately, or when it will not start up in any respect. By solely loading the necessities, it’s going to assist you to slender down what’s inflicting the issue, which might embody the system itself or one thing you put in.
Here’s how to boot in Safe Mode, and exit it once you’re finished.
How to boot in Safe Mode in Windows 10
There are some ways to enter Safe Mode. Here are the three best:
Using the Power icon
If you are signed in:
1. Click the Windows icon in the bottom-left nook.
2. Hold down the Shift key, click on the Power icon and then Restart.
3. Your laptop will restart and open to a blue display titled Choose an possibility. Select Troubleshoot, and then Advanced choices.
4. Click Startup Settings, and then Restart. Your laptop will flip off and on once more.
5. Once the display comes again, you may be given a couple of choices. Press 4 to start your laptop in Safe Mode, or 5 to start Safe Mode with web entry.
Using the Settings app
1. Open the Settings app by urgent the Windows key + I.
2. Click Update & Security, and then Recovery.
3. On this web page, beneath Advanced startup, click on Restart now.
4. Your laptop will restart on the Choose an possibility display. Here, click on Troubleshoot, and then Advanced choices.
5. Select Startup Settings and then Restart.
6. When your laptop boots again up, you may be given some startup choices. Press 4 to start your laptop in Safe Mode, or 5 to start Safe Mode with web entry.
Holding down the facility button
This is the strategy to use if you cannot boot into Windows usually.
1. Press your PC’s energy button to flip it on.
2. As quickly as you see one thing seem on the display — most likely the producer’s brand — maintain down the facility button till the PC turns off once more.
3. Do this two extra instances, and then flip your PC on. As it is beginning, the phrases Preparing Automatic Repair will seem on the backside of the display. Let your PC undergo this course of — it ought to finally boot into the Choose an possibility display.
4. On this display, choose Troubleshoot, Advanced choices, and then Startup Settings. When prompted, click on Restart.
5. When the pc turns again on, press 4 to start your laptop in Safe Mode, or 5 to start Safe Mode with web entry.
How to exit Safe Mode
There are two methods to get out of Safe Mode.
The first — and best — is to simply (*10*). You can do that by holding down the facility button, or by going by means of the Start menu.
If you have restarted your laptop but it surely’s nonetheless in Safe Mode, you need to:
1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run menu.
2. In the textual content field, sort msconfig and press Enter.
3. At the highest of the System Configuration menu, click on Boot.
4. Underneath Boot choices, be sure that Safe boot is unchecked. Once it’s, click on OK and restart your laptop once more.
Advanced Safe Mode Options for Troubleshooting
There are two superior variations of Safe Mode:
- Safe Mode with Networking. The networking possibility permits you to entry the web and different computer systems in your community whereas in secure mode.
- Safe Mode with Command Prompt. The Command Prompt possibility will, after login, carry you to a command immediate window the place you’ll be able to conduct superior troubleshooting.
Accessing both of those modes is completed by following one of many strategies described above and then urgent 5 or 6 in the final step as a substitute of 4.