I found a RAZOR blade in my toddler’s play dough – what if I hadn’t caught it just in the nick of time?

Share to friends

A DAD has recounted his horror after he found a razor blade in the tub of his toddler’s play dough.

Abdullah Tan purchased the product from the Australian division retailer Kmart for his two-year-old daughter.

9News

Abdullah Tan, 32, was horrified to hunt out a razor blade whereas participating in collectively together with his teenager’s play dough[/caption]

9News

The purple modelling clay had been purchased from Kmart just hours earlier[/caption]

But just moments sooner than he handed it to the small teenager, he spied a sharp object lodged in the vibrant modelling clay.

The 32-year-old, from Melbourne, talked about his daughter might need been critically hurt by the sharp blade.

He knowledgeable 9news: “At first I thought it was a piece of scrap, after which when I checked out it and realised it was a blade I was like wow, this might need turned a full utterly totally different method.

“She’d be, you know, rolling with, playing around with it,” he talked about.

READ ALSO  Kanye West owes millions all over town for unpaid contract work and music samples, lawsuits allege

Read additional on toy warnings

NASTY SURPRISE

Mum’s warning after ‘finding razor-sharp blade inside BIP chocolate egg’

MUM’S NIGHTMARE

Mum’s warning as ‘baby is rushed to hospital after swallowing water beads’

“And playing around with a blade (as) a two-year-old, that’s pretty concerning.”

Abdullah confirmed the tub was half of an Anko Dough Pro Toolbox the family had just purchased from Kmart.

And the dad talked about he can’t stop occupied with what might need occurred if he had taken longer to hunt out the blade.

“It has been worrying, I think from now on we’ll be more cautious when we’re buying toys for my daughter,” he talked about.


The dad has since reported the incident to Kmart, who initially knowledgeable him he was entitled to a refund.

READ ALSO  Russia reportedly abandons its ruble-only plan in Kherson as Ukraine's military continues to make gains

But this afternoon the retailer confirmed it had paused the sale of the product.

“We are taking the report extremely seriously,” the agency talked about in a assertion.

“Given the location of the blade inside a sealed container, it appears to have been a drawback in manufacturing, and we’re urgently following up with our supplier.

“We have sold this product for many years and can confirm there has been no other similar reports from customers and no report of injuries.”

9News

Abdullah talked about his daughter might need been critically hurt by the sharp blade[/caption]

9News

The tub, which was half of an Anko Dough Pro Toolbox, has now been taken off-sale[/caption]

Go to Source